20 January 2011

Mentoring ,...... Why it is equally important for business.

       This past Monday (MLK Day) I briefly mentioned one section on mentoring. Why is mentoring in Business important? Before I started seeking out mentoring I held the belief that "if it was to be it was up to me". I WAS VERY MISTAKEN. Anyone currently in business or aspiring to go into business must understand going solo limits you to your actions alone. The mindset of doing it on your own is like attempting to design something already perfected, like the wheel.
      Having a mentor is like having the smartest student in your class give you answers to all the test you will take in that class. Again over simplification on my part, however I can say from a personal experience my mentors have saved me years of aggravation, hundreds of thousands of dollars and have contributed to a much more pleasurable journey to success as an entrepreneur. Having a mentor in business is like having a guardian angel. Anyone associated with a thriving private franchise or Multi-Level Marketing Company (MLM) understands the importance of what I am talking about.
      One thing most successful business owners have in common is a mentor. My mentors have mentors. I stress seeking out a mentor because once the search begins, many doors open and opportunities come from some of the most unexpected places. My opportunity to own a tax franchise came from my financial mentor and accountant, MR. Daniels. He has opened many doors that would not have been available to me. Thank-you Mr. Daniels.
       Mentors can be direct or indirect. direct mentors are individuals you can reach out to in person or via phone conversation. Indirect mentors are those individuals that are in life where you want to be. They are typically your more famous or well established individuals that are not so easily accessible in person but,  conduct seminars, write books, post blogs or send out news letters. Those forms of communication can be considered a mentoring source. Two indirect mentors I have followed for a while are Robert Kyosaki (Author of Rich Dad Poor Dad) and Sandy Botkin (CPA and CEO of Tax Reduction Institute). Mr. Botkin also offers tax information and has a face book page that I have linked to this blog. Feel free to check him out.
        One last thing I would like to mention about mentors, is the process is more powerful when you decide to become a mentor. It also gives you a greater appreciation for your mentor. So seek mentoring and become a mentor. It will change your life for the better.


Happy Tax Season..
http://www.facebook.com/#!/loweryourtaxes

No comments:

Post a Comment